- Aculief uses all natural Traditional Chinese Medicine acupressure to apply pressure to the LI-4 meridian spot located between the thumb and forefinger. The LI-4 (Hegu) meridian spot has been known for centuries to provide tension relief and restore well being.
- Pregnant women should never wear Aculief. Acupressure to the LI4 has been known to cause contractions and potentially pre-mature labor.
- Johns Hopkins University published a study 8/2011: Magnetic acupressure was applied to the LI-4 (Hegu) meridian to patients suffering from bone marrow pain. Severe pain decreased dramatically for those receiving magnetic acupressure at the LI-4 acupuncture point. Johns Hopkins stated that proper stimulation of LI4 is effective in relieving headaches, pain of the eyes, toothaches, jaw pain, and pain of the limbs and bones.
- NCCAM Study 11/2010 National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine: Over 500 clinical trials of acupuncture have been conducted in the past three decades from credible institutions, such as the Mayo Clinic, resulting in substantial evidence that acupuncture is very effective in treating chronic pain, fatigue, anxiety, arthritis, headaches, chemotherapy sickness, and infertility, among other ailments.
- Published Men's Health 12/2009: Short-Circuit a Headache in 30 seconds Instead of hitting back with Tylenol or Advil, try pinching the webbed area between your thumb and index finger (either hand) for 30 seconds. It's called acupressure, and while Ivy League researchers haven't carried out a randomized, placebo-controlled study on the strategy, Marc Sharfman, M.D., director of the Headache Institute in Winter Park, Florida, swears by it.
Aculief is for anyone suffering from tension, health imbalance or discomfort. Aculief has been known to promote natural well being and circulate your body's natural energy.
Aculief has been designed to be a universal one size for everyone.
We recommend you wear your Aculief on you non-dominant hand.
Typically you will notice relief from as soon as 1- 3 minutes and up to 30 minutes.
Aculief may be worn from 5 minutes to several hours depending upon preference. There are no known side effects other than pregnant women and you may wear as often as you need relief provided.
- Yes, the LI-4 meridian has known to induce contractions, Aculief should not be used by pregnant women.
- If you experience pain or discomfort discontinue use immediately.
- Aculief is not intended to replace doctor prescribed medications.
- Aculief is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Yes, this is known as the thumb print and it will subside once the Aculief has been taken off for a few minutes.
Absolutely, many Aculief users report a heightened awareness and alertness while using Aculief.
Aculief has been designed for active lifestyles and is waterproof. It may be used as long as you feel comfortable during activities or exercise.
Aculief is currently in the process of developing additional products to promote a natural drug free lifestyle that helps in "circulating life's energy."
Several color options are being developed. Currently, Aculief only comes in green.